Habitat for Humanity International founded in United States in 1976. Habitat now works in 1,400 communities across the U.S. and in nearly 70 countries and has helped 6.8 million people achieve strength, stability and independence through safe, decent and affordable shelter.
Habitat Vietnam has been working in Vietnam since 2001. For 20+ years, Habitat Vietnam has been delivering holistic housing approach to Vietnamese people, especially vulnerable groups by supporting and empowering communities to take ownership in improving their living conditions. Since then, Habitat Vietnam has served nearly 61,000 families through housing interventions, water and sanitation, post-disaster recovery, and nearly 245,000 people through capacity building.
Our vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Our mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Our core values: Humility, Courage, and Accountabilities
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity organization and committed to safeguarding. We pay high attention to the safeguarding of stakeholders in our operations. We recruit people based on their suitability compared to job requirements and candidates‘ commitment to share Habitat’s values.
Candidates who are interested in Habitat’s Vision & Mission and qualified for the job please send us your comprehensive CV & Cover Letter in English highlighting your interest and capabilities to email@example.com. Please also mention in the CV/Cover Letter the contact details (including telephone number and email) of 3 referees including the most recent direct supervisors.
All potential candidates are welcomed. However, your application form will be screened and only suitable candidates will be contacted.
||Ho Chi Minh City office
Project Accountant coordinates the assigned projects and the organization’s financial needs and requirements in a timely and accurate manner to ensure compliance with HFHI/HFHV Policies, guidelines, and local laws and regulations; insure the stewardship of the organization’s resources
Work closely with the Finance team and relevant stakeholders in managing and supervising the Organization’s financial activities, and accounting systems including oversight and review of financial statements and activities related therein, to provide accuracy and transparency donor reports in a timely manner. preparation for restricted project audit, annual external audits, and internal audit.
Along with Finance Coordinator, play a proactive role to raise gaps of internal control to SFM for timely reviewing, updating, and developing HFHV policies and procedures to strengthen of the Organization’s internal control.
1. Deliver NO Project Accountant Service
- Provide accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports, financial statements, cashflow projection and key financial indicators with proper analysis and reconciliation.
- Work closely with Finance Coordinator, PMs and RD&C Department related donor reporting and stewardship coordinator to ensure the submitted donor reports are timely and accurate and the donor requests/donor compliance are addressed properly and ensuring restricted funds are used as designated or as requested by donor.
- Work closely with the finance team and relevant Departments and Budget owners in preparing project and annual consolidated budgets; hosting external and internal audits and ensuring auditor’s recommendation is thoroughly and promptly followed up.
- Be proactively raise the noticed gaps of internal control to SFM and relevant team members for timely compensation control while the financial policies and guideline/procedure development are reviewed and developed.
- Verify invoices and supporting documents of the assigned projects to ensure a business cash advance or payment request are authorized as per DOA and relevant HFHV’s finance policies; Ensuring sufficient supporting documents and verified properly before preparing & processing wire transfer or cash payment. Ensure neither missing any payments nor duplicated payments.
- Prepare and conduct banking process related to the assigned projects. Coordinate with HFHV’s bank and relevant stakeholders to ensure effectively and timely funding received and T/Ts.
- Prepare and record accounting transactions and monthly cashflow projections of the assigned projects. Ensure consistency in the financial system, resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities; Ensure financial records are filed appropriately i.e orderly and up-to-date.
- Address donor requests/donor compliance at assigned HFHV’s projects.
- Contributes to review and update of financial policy and guideline development.
- Regular field visit to provide technical support and contribute in strengthening of Program/Project’s internal control gap.
- Provide on-job training to a new finance team member as needed and provide finance orientation to new staff on board.
- Prepare an annual individual workplan for achieving of the position responsibilities and the defined SMART results.
2. Managing National Office Operation Cash
(HFHV applies for cashless payment in aligning with the strengthening of internal control and Viet Nam government measures in reducing the use of cash in the country. Cash transaction is managed at minimize level and it is only applied when bank transfer or online payment is not applicable)
- Issue sufficient receipts/payments and record them accordingly into cash ledger/cash book / timely and accurate manner. File payment and receipt voucher sufficiently, orderly, and up to date.
- Carry out cash count and surprise cash count under the cash management procedure.
3. Other responsibilities in implementing asset control, compliance of policies, budget preparing etc.
|CRITICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Accounting / Financial Management from University or Diploma Awarding Institution
- Sound technical knowledge in accounting, systems, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of regulatory standard, current Taxation Laws and Accounting Procedures.
- 2+ years in the field of accounting with medium / large organization, preferable FDI Enterprise or international audit firm
- Studying ACCA, CPA or CMA would be an advantage
- Familiar with Sun System would be an advantage
- Proficient knowledge & skills in using word, excel, PowerPoint, email, internet….
- Advanced computer skills MS Excel, Flowchart.
- Work ownership, responsible and committed.
- Results focused with ability to work independently.
- Good Analytical and problem-solving mind and well-organized.
- Effective communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Aptitude to learn and self-development.
- Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Compliance: Job requires respecting to policies/standards
|AT HABITAT WE COMMIT TO PROVIDE PEOPLE WITH FOLLOWING VALUES:
- Competitive salary and benefits comparing with other iNGOs in Vietnam
- Open, collaborative and supportive working environment
- Experiencing meaning of community development through Habitat’s projects