Full-time RD Coordinator
The vacancy will be closed when it’s filled
Habitat for Humanity International founded in United States in 1976. Habitat now works in 1,400 communities across the U.S. and in nearly 70 countries and has helped 6.8 million people achieve strength, stability and independence through safe, decent and affordable shelter.
HFH Vietnam has been working in Vietnam since 2001. As of December 2018, HFH Vietnam has enabled more than 15,000 low-income Vietnamese families to improve their living conditions through decent homes, clean water and safe sanitation and post-disaster reconstruction and repairs. In addition, HFH Vietnam has provided training in disaster preparedness, financial education, hygiene practices, and construction skills, among others, to more than 132,000 individuals.
Our vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Our mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Our core values: Humility, Courage, and Accountabilities
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity organization and committed to safeguarding. We pay high attention to the safeguarding of stakeholders in our operations. We recruit people based on their suitability compared to job requirements and candidates’ commitment to share Habitat’s values.
Candidates who are interested in Habitat’s Vision & Mission and qualified for the job are welcome to send us your comprehensive CV & Cover Letter in English highlighting your interest and capabilities to email@example.com. Please also mention in the CV/Cover Letter the contact details (including telephone number and email) of 3 referees including the most recent direct supervisors.
All potential candidates are welcomed. However, your application form will be screened and only suitable candidates will be contacted.
|Position:||Resource Development Coordinator|
|Report to:||Resource Development and Communications Manager|
|Dotted line report to||National Director (for FOI)|
|Work Location:||Habitat’s office in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city|
· Work closely with RDC Manager, the Habitat Vietnam FOI prepositioning team and the National Director to deploy initiatives, course of actions to increase outreach among Foundations, Organizations and Institutions and implement country FOI fund raising strategies.
· Drive, and coordinate implementation of devised fund raising programs, with priority setting to further the engagement and retention of current and prospective donors and to foster long-term relationship with fundraising partners (HFH Global Funding Network), corporates and other fund giving organizations.
1/ Contributing to organizational (HfHV) sustainable development:
· Maintain & promote HFHI image and reputation to partners and other stakeholders
· Provide input and support VP Manager in developing systems, processes, and tools/guideline, training material to enhance efficiency & quality
· Assist VP Manager in seeking & developing volunteer opportunities for domestic and international volunteers with project and local partners.
· Assist RDC Manager in donor compliance and communications.
· Jointly develop volunteer engagement project that support fundraising activities. Ex: virtual building events, crowdfunding activities
· Prepare and manage the fundraising events
2/ Key functional responsibilities
2.1 FOI FOCUS
· Cultivate FOI pipeline, targets, forecasts, pre-positioning activities, Go/No Go, proposal development processes and the review of proposals together with the Habitat Vietnam Development Team.
· Proactively identify and nurture partnerships with INGOs/NGOs/For Profit entities who can help Habitat Vietnam access new funding streams (e.g. networking, presenting about Habitat Vietnam to find new opportunities)
· Build and maintain effective FOI relationships domestically and regionally under the guidance from of RD&C Manager and in accordance with Habitat Vietnam plans
· Prepare briefings and other informational materials that support Habitat Vietnam leadership with FOI engagement as needed.
· Develop and manage an active relationship with FOI and other platforms to gather intelligence on institutional funding opportunities
· Analyze FOI donors’ requirements
· Develop FOI database and regular monitoring/sharing of opportunities in line with Habitat Vietnam targeted donors and partners
2.2 RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT COORDINATION
· Takes responsibility for local partnership development and contribute to the drafting of quality proposals to different entities and the government enhancing the overall reach of Habitat Vietnam, facilitating and coordinating assigned fundraising initiatives and campaigns.
· Maintains donor relations including data management and regular communication and reporting with affiliates and donors that are either tithing or funding specific projects
· Conducts detailed research to develop local fundraising synergies and strategies, and implement outreach to government, major donors, foundations and corporations
· Represents Habitat Vietnam at meetings with new donors/networking events and working group sessions
· Coordinates donor/partner visits and provide general support, as needed, and develop itineraries that will strongly engage prospect donors
· Coordinates resource development and engagement activities together with other counterparts within the department and across programs-project leads and national office support teams
· Develops contacts and cultivate relationships among current and prospective donors and partners
· Reviews project reports, when assigned, to supplement funding stewardship
· Follow-ups and update grant checklist in coordination with relevant departments (Program/Finance)
· Communicates donor requirements in advance to relevant departments to ensure compliance
· Monitors the execution of the donor strategies implemented in close collaboration with internal HFHI/Habitat Vietnam colleagues
3/ Other responsibilities
· Resource Development Coordinator is responsible for other duties as assigned by the supervisor
· RD Coordinator will take over the RDC Manager while she/he absence to manage the department and respond to urgent requests
4/ Implementing cross-functions activities
· Under guidance of RDC Manager, supports in SOE management and assessment; updating and contributing to Safe Guarding application; preparing AMT report; developing and finalizing for Organization Business plan; developing department strategy plan and action plan
|CRITICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum education: Bachelor Degree in International development, Global Affairs or International Policy and Relations or related degree, International Studies
· Technical competencies:
Ø Must have working knowledge of the local and national trends, regulations and issues concerning the INGO sector with in-depth knowledge and skills in fundraising.
Ø Demonstrates sensitively to the cultural and situational diversity of the donors and organization
Ø Proven track record in business development/resource mobilization with major institutional donors, including fundraising strategy development, donor engagement, and proposal development; experience in CSR is a plus
Ø Expertise in researching, specifically gathering and analyzing FOI grant programs, areas of concentration, grant guidelines/requirements, grant writing, and budget development.
· Business competencies
Ø Excellent influencing skills and negotiation skills
Ø Strong critical thinking and excellent problem solving,
Ø Thinking forward & creatively
Ø Flexible crisis management
Ø Fully client- and service-oriented
Ø Excellent team player
Ø Able to work effectively in cross-cultural settings; can support, negotiate and cooperate with those of other cultures
Ø Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ø Has outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail. Resourceful, able to coordinate multiple tasks
Ø Proven ability to manage workloads and multiple priorities efficiently and with minimal supervision
Ø Good public speaking skills and presentation skills in Vietnamese and English languages
Ø Experience working with other NGOs
Ø Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
· Work style
Ø Self-motivated, result-driven, possesses a positive and proactive outlook, flexible and able to work independently and without close supervision and when under pressure,
Ø Demonstrate and practice respect to others; honesty and integrity
Ø Committed to continuous learning and self-development
· Physical condition: Frequently require to travel domestically or sometimes internationally
|AT HABITAT WE COMMIT TO PROVIDE PEOPLE WITH FOLLOWING VALUES: