Full-time Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and Community Safeguarding Specialist
The vacancy will be closed when it’s filled
Habitat for Humanity International founded in United States in 1976. Habitat now works in 1,400 communities across the U.S. and in nearly 70 countries and has helped 6.8 million people achieve strength, stability and independence through safe, decent and affordable shelter.
Habitat Vietnam has been working in Vietnam since 2001. For 20 years, Habitat Vietnam has been delivering holistic housing approach to Vietnamese people, especially vulnerable groups by supporting and empowering communities to take ownership in improving their living conditions. Since then, Habitat Vietnam has served nearly 61,000 families through housing interventions, water and sanitation, post-disaster recovery, and nearly 245,000 people through capacity building.
Our vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Our mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Our core values: Humility, Courage, and Accountabilities
For more details, please visit us: http://www.habitat.org/ https://habitatvietnam.org/
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity organization and committed to safeguarding. We pay high attention to the safeguarding of stakeholders in our operations. We recruit people based on their suitability compared to job requirements and candidates’s commitment to share Habitat’s values.
Candidates who are interested in Habitat’s Vision & Mission and qualified for the job are welcome to send us your comprehensive CV & Cover Letter in English highlighting your interest and capabilities to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also mention in the CV/Cover Letter the contact details (including telephone number and email) of 3 referees including the most recent direct supervisors.
All potential candidates are welcomed. However, your application form will be screened and only suitable candidates will be contacted.
|Position:||Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and Community Safeguarding Specialist|
|Report to:||National Director|
|Work Location:||HCMC or Hanoi|
The primary goal of this position is to ensure that HFHV effectively and efficiently tracks and monitors and improve its programs, and projects.
The MEAL Specialist plays a key role within HFHV and in collaboration with APO/MH office to develop, update, implement and maintain HFHV’s MEAL systems, framework, approaches, tools, plans, and guidance in alignment with HFHI’s vision, mission, goals, objectives and practical to operational context and norms in Vietnam.
The position works closely with Program/ Project team to provide support and capacity building ensuring that HFHV’s MEAL and Safeguarding systems and procedures are adequately set up, applied and implemented.
In addition, s/he actively collaborates with Resource Development and Communication (RD&C) in supporting to prepare and develop marketing sheets, innovative concept notes, grant proposals.
The position contributes to quality grant compliance and donor and network reporting.
1/ Strategic and sustainable focus
· Facilitates the development and implementation of MEAL Strategy for Habitat Vietnam National Office (“NO”) and ensure that these are in accordance to the country strategy, HFHI MEAL Guidance and policies as well as appropriate industry good/best practices.
· Supports the development of country strategy, programs and projects by providing guidance on information requirements, processes, tools. This includes providing guidance on result-based design, monitoring and evaluation, accountability and learning practice.
· Supports development of logical frameworks, Theory of Change (ToC) and MEAL plan for project proposals. This includes incorporation of good/best practices and past program/project lessons and relevant evidence.
· Facilitates setting up SOE annual priorities and monitors its implementation as well as consolidation of annual report
· An active contributor to the project development and proposal development process of HFHV
2/ MEAL System and Tools
· Set up MEAL systems to ensure efficient management of information that are responsive to the needs and requirements of Habitat, donors, communities and other relevant stakeholders. This includes collection and reporting of data aligned to HFHI’s Global Metrics Tool (GMT) and other requirements of HFHV and AP/MH.
· Ensure that systems and processes developed enable key stakeholders/ communities to meaningfully participate in design, implementation, evaluation and learning stages. This will include setting up of Community-based feedback mechanisms that are accessible to the stakeholders for them to be able to provide and get feedback accordingly. CBFM should be able to acknowledge, store, handle and process feedback/complaints so that people receive an appropriate, timely response.
· Define, set-up and maintain database management system to support efficient collection, storage, processing and reporting of data.
· Develop products for various internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate program performance to inform program improvement and learning.
3/ MEAL Implementation
· Facilitates the development of evaluation and learning agenda for the NO. This includes design, management and execution of program research and evaluation activities (including baseline, mid-term endline studies, after-action reviews, Real-Time Evaluations) or working with partners / consultants in the delivery of quality evaluation reports and products.
· Coordinated emerging issues and action plans to relevant manager partners at all times for program improvement timely/appropriate corrective measures.
· Captures, compiles and shares lessons learning, including conduct of yearly Lesson Learning sharing Workshops/ events.
· Develops and executes capacity building activities to relevant staff/partners/stakeholders on the various components of the MEAL system to enable them to contribute and deliver their expected roles as well as to benefit from the services provided by the system. This includes assisting program team in project design including MEAL planning.
· Supports partner organizations in setting up/strengthening their MEAL systems to become responsive to partnership requirements,
· Supports the program team in developing donor reports through providing/analyzing data and information.
· Identifies internal and external MEAL groups/networks and conversations about developments in MEAL practice and encourage participation of relevant HFHV staff.
4/ Safeguarding Compliance
· Leads conducting of risk assessment and analysis of program operations and regularly update registry.
· Develops the annual program-safeguarding monitoring dashboard/KPIs based on the safeguarding plan of the departments/teams.
· Monitors, evaluates and reports on the compliance & performance of safeguarding policies, standard measures and request/recommend of corrective/preventive measures.
· Receive safeguarding feedback or incident reports from community. Provides solutions and/or reports to Safeguarding Focal Point and National Director timely per procedure and coordinate resolving process
|CRITICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree on sociology, social work, statistics, economics International Development or studies related to monitoring and evaluation and research or other analytical field; Post-graduate degree in related field preferred.
· Technical competencies:
Ø Minimum of 5 years’ solid professional experience in humanitarian/development projects’ monitoring and evaluation with direct responsibility for conducting and managing evaluations, statistical and qualitative research methods, data analysis and interpretation, reporting.
Ø In-depth field experience and leadership in participatory rural appraisal methodology
Ø Strong technical expertise in strategic planning, evaluation, and social investigation, qualitative and quantitative analysis, multi-site evaluations, and standards of evaluation
Ø Knowledge of adult learning and facilitation skills;
Ø Strong analytical and research skills;
Ø Proficient knowledge & skills in using statistic software, such as SPSS, STATA, R.
· Business competencies
Ø Advanced level of Organizing skills,
Ø Good Problem-solving and decision- making skills
Ø Proficient business communication in both Vietnamese & English
Ø Strong presentation skills
Ø Ability to multi-task with conflicting priorities in multicultural environments
Ø Strong in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook ec.
· Workstyle: The position requires creative and logical thinking; Attention to detail; Strong commitment to people-centered development and accountability to beneficiaries
· Physical condition: The job requires normal physical condition to visit fields in unfavourable geographic regions/areas
· Working condition & context: Work at the office and have frequent domestic travel or occasional international travel
|AT HABITAT WE COMMIT TO PROVIDE PEOPLE WITH FOLLOWING VALUES: