Part-time IT Officer
The vacancy will be closed when it’s filled
Habitat for Humanity International founded in United States in 1976. Habitat now works in 1,400 communities across the U.S. and in nearly 70 countries and has helped 6.8 million people achieve strength, stability and independence through safe, decent and affordable shelter.
HFH Vietnam has been working in Vietnam since 2001. As of December 2018, HFH Vietnam has enabled more than 15,000 low-income Vietnamese families to improve their living conditions through decent homes, clean water and safe sanitation and post-disaster reconstruction and repairs. In addition, HFH Vietnam has provided training in disaster preparedness, financial education, hygiene practices, and construction skills, among others, to more than 132,000 individuals.
Our vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Our mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Our core values: Humility, Courage, and Accountabilities
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity organization and committed to safeguarding. We pay high attention to the safeguarding of stakeholders in our operations. We recruit people based on their suitability compared to job requirements and candidates’s commitment to share Habitat’s values.
Candidates who are interested in Habitat’s Vision & Mission and qualified for the job are welcome to send us your comprehensive CV & Cover Letter in English highlighting your interest and capabilities to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also mention in the CV/Cover Letter the contact details (including telephone number and email) of 3 referees including the most recent direct supervisors.
All potential candidates are welcomed. However, your application form will be screened and only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Position: Part-time IT Officer
Report to: HR & Admin Manager
Work Location: Habitat’s office in Ho Chi Minh city
· Providing IT trouble shooting to enable users operating well on their computers and connection
· Proposing solutions of suitable technical features of IT infrastructure (hardware, software,
connection approaches) to non IT management for non-stop operations of the organization.
· Implementing the approved solutions to sufficiently supply IT infrastructure for smooth
communication/connection within Habitat and with external individuals/organization, and to
ensure data and information of Habitat safely & properly protected.
1/ Contributing to organizational (HfHV) sustainable development:
· Analyzing existing status and condition, proposing solutions of suitable technical features of
IT infrastructure (hardware, software, connection approaches) to non IT management for nonstop operations of the organization.
· Support deployment of ERP from global to country level
2/ Key functional responsibilities
· Providing daily IT trouble shooting/solving to enable users operating well on their computers
and connection to network/system.
· Conducting installation of IT equipment & provide technical assistance and guideline to
computer users of HFHV to ensure effective usage and fully compliance to HFHI license policy
· Oversee the daily performance of computer systems
· Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of
cables, operating systems, or appropriate software
· Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment,
following design or installation specifications
· Set up license management tool and periodically check un-licensed software in HFHV
laptops & computers
· Analyzing, testing, troubleshooting, and evaluating existing network systems, such as local
area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), cloud and Internet systems or a segment of
a network system. Perform network maintenance to ensure networks operate correctly with
· Making Back up of network data
· Configuring security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals
· Identifying the causes of networking problems and implement or propose solutions to
solve problems in a timely manner
· Maintaining or updating configuration of servers in 3 offices of HCMC, HN, and Quang
Nam to ensure smooth running/access to those servers in all the time
· Creating business emails of HFHV and providing assistance to users in setting emails, usage
of features and other functions.
· Data Management:
· Plan, conduct and apply various approaches to ensure data are periodically backed up
or saved on HFHV’s server/sharepoint
· Structure and update data tree to ensure easily access and retrieve data
· Follow up and ensure website domain is continuously maintained and updated
· Follow up anti-virus software update at individual computer/laptop
· Conduct risk assessment & propose solutions to ensure important data of HFHV are
double protected for business continuity
· Under instruction from Country Director, set users’ permission to access data on server
· Working with suppliers for anti-virus license, email server, website hosting to ensure
continuous update and running. Managing purchases and payments of services to those
· Studying and recommending suitable applications to enhance working/meeting/training
· Delivering IT policies/regulations awareness training and regularly conduct refreshing to all
3/ Implementing cross-functions activities
· Supporting Communication Officer on the Website administered where appropriate and
4/ Implementing compliance
· Complying with procedures and requirements of Procurement Policy to implement purchases
of IT hardware, software and services. Making registration of asset where necessary for those
· Study and abide with requirements of Ethics Covenant, Safeguarding, Child Protection,
Discrimination, Bullying and Harassment policies all the time of employment with Habitat.
CRITICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum education: College/University degree in either or both Network and Computer
System or equivalent
· Technical competencies:
· Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer
hardware and software, including applications and programming.
· Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of
· Knowledge of risks identification and mitigations for network and data security.
· Sufficient working knowledge of Office 365 including sharepoint
· Minimum 2 years of experience in trouble shooting of network and computer system
· Business competencies
· Proficient knowledge & skills in using word, excel, powerpoint, email, internet….
· Intermediate level of Organizing skills,
· Good analytical thinking and Problem solving skills
· Proficient business communication in both Vietnamese & English
· Intermediate level of managing relationship
· Customer service oriented
· High sense of confidentiality and tasks ownership
· Proactive self-development and continuous learning
· Physical condition: The job requires normal physical condition to work in office and rarely
AT HABITAT WE COMMIT TO PROVIDE PEOPLE WITH FOLLOWING VALUES:
1. Competitive salary and benefits comparing with other iNGOs in Vietnam
2. Open, collaborative and supportive working environment
3. Experiencing meaning of community development through Habitat’s projects