Full-time Communications Officer
The vacancy will be closed when it’s filled.
Habitat for Humanity International founded in United States in 1976. Habitat now works in 1,400 communities across the U.S. and in nearly 70 countries and has helped 6.8 million people achieve strength, stability and independence through safe, decent and affordable shelter.
Habitat Vietnam has been working in Vietnam since 2001. For 20 years, Habitat Vietnam has been delivering holistic housing approach to Vietnamese people, especially vulnerable groups by supporting and empowering communities to take ownership in improving their living conditions. Since then, Habitat Vietnam has served nearly 61,000 families through housing interventions, water and sanitation, post-disaster recovery, and nearly 245,000 people through capacity building.
Our vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Our mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Our core values: Humility, Courage, and Accountabilities
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity organization and committed to safeguarding. We pay high attention to the safeguarding of stakeholders in our operations. We recruit people based on their suitability compared to job requirements and candidates’ commitment to share Habitat’s values.
Candidates who are interested in Habitat’s Vision & Mission and qualified for the job are welcome to send us your comprehensive CV & Cover Letter in English highlighting your interest and capabilities to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also mention in the CV/Cover Letter the contact details (including telephone number and email) of 3 referees including the most recent direct supervisors.
All potential candidates are welcomed. However, your application form will be screened and only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Position: Communications Officer
Report to: Resource Development and Communication Manager
Work Location: Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam (Frequent domestic/international travel)
The Communications Officer is responsible for developing communication tools for internal and external communication system to raise Habitat Vietnam’s brand and mission
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of the Habitat Vietnam’s 3 years resource development and communications strategies
2. Responsible for facilitating/coordinating communication campaigns to mobilize support from local organization/institution/corporate/schools
3. Deliver high quality communication materials to various audience ensuring deepened relationships with donors and partners, including enhanced and effective media outreach
4. Ensure that established procedures and guidelines are well maintained and followed
5. Collaborate in the implementation of Habitat Young Leaders Build campaign of Habitat Vietnam
- Be responsible for supporting relevant departments in conducting internal communication activities such as annual staff conference, family day, staff meeting, communication training for staff, etc
- Be responsible for reviewing, updating and sharing internal communication guideline such as Branding guideline, Photo video ethics guideline etc
- Supporting relevant department such as Volunteer program and Finance department in inventory of the stock.
- Identifying prospect and opportunities to mobilized support for Habitat Vietnam
- Develop contacts and cultivate relationships among current and prospective donors
- Manage the online fundraising initiatives
- Manage campaigns and special events together with Volunteer Program (Habitat Young Leaders Build, World Habitat Day, etc)
- Coordinate and work closely with schools in Vietnam to establish Habitat Club
- Support the coordination of the Schools Programs and outreach
- Write success stories from home-owner and upload it to website
- Provide general support, as needed, for donors/partners visit that will strongly engage prospect donors/partners
- Develop and maintain a variety of creative external communications materials and lead the management distribution
o Banner, flyers, briefs, program profiles, country profiles
o Press release for media
o Video and photomotions
o Website and social media
o Annual report
o Special campaign materials
- In charge of merchandising/collaterals design and production process
- Procure samples and finished products for RD&C merchandising and PR activities
- Monitoring branding application including logo usage
- Responsible for managing Habitat Vietnam’s website and social network page (Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram & Twitter)
- Monitor and translate as needed VN language media coverage
- Be responsible for providing translation for key event such as Opening ceremony, House dedication or internal workshop within HFHV
- Compiling, filing, and monitoring photo/video materials
- Supporting and participate in external networking and communication events
- Supporting RD&C Manager to search and update local and international potential donors
- Coordinate regularly with Asia Pacific Communication team for upcoming campaign and events
- Be responsible for social relationship activities such as developing Christmas and New Year card, gift preparation
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by Senior Manager RD&C and National Director HFHV
CRITICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Qualifications: Bachelor Degree of Marketing, Communication, English Literature, and/or related field
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in the Communication, Fund-raising, Sales and Marketing, Business Development, either profit and non-profit industry
- Required Skills:
o Fluency in spoken and written English. Native skills in Vietnamese
o Good public speaking skills and presentation skills in Vietnamese and English languages
o Self-motivated, result-driven, possesses a positive and proactive outlook, flexible and able to work independently and without close supervision and when under pressure
o Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Graphics design (InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, etc); photography expertise a plus
o Knowledge in Movie Makers and web programs is a plus
o Proven experience using social media tools (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) to energize donor audiences, and mobilizing increased presence and following
o Highly creative with excellent people skills with an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
o Flexible crisis management
o Fully client- and service-oriented
o Alignment with Habitat for Humanity Vision, Mission Statement
o Ability to take initiative, at times work independently, be pro-active and meet deadlines
o Ability to multi-task with conflicting priorities in multicultural environments
o Excellent interpersonal and communication
o Demonstrate and practice respect to others; honesty and integrity
o Committed to continued learning and self-development
• Other requirements: used to work for NGOs
• Working Conditions: Frequent domestic and international travel
AT HABITAT WE COMMIT TO PROVIDE PEOPLE WITH FOLLOWING VALUES:
1. Competitive salary and benefits comparing with other iNGOs in Vietnam
2. Open, collaborative and supportive working environment
3. Experiencing meaning of community development through Habitat’s projects