Announcement of Internship
Our announcement will be closed by July 31st, 2021
Habitat for Humanity International was founded in the United States in 1976. Habitat now works in 1,400 communities across the U.S. and in nearly 70 countries and has helped over 6.8 million people achieve strength, stability and independence through safe, decent and affordable shelter.
Habitat for Humanity (Habitat Vietnam) has been working in Vietnam since 2001, and since then has been delivering holistic approaches to housing by supporting and empowering communities to take ownership in improving their living conditions; thus, has enabled more than 17,000families and nearly 176,000,000 individuals to build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Seeking to put God’s love into action Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
AT HABITAT VIETNAM WE COMMIT TO PROVIDING PEOPLE WITH THE FOLLOWING VALUES:
- Open, collaborative and supportive working environment
- Experiencing meaningful community development through our programmes
If you are dynamic and driven and you wish to make an impact in the community while increasing your capacity in the development sector, then this internship role is for you. You are welcome to send your CV and cover letter in English highlighting your interest and capabilities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention your contact details (including telephone number and email) of 3 referees including the most recent direct supervisors or academic advisors/professors
Habitat for Humanity International is committed to safeguarding and an equal opportunity organization and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. The successful candidate has to go through background screening before commencement.
We welcome all candidates to apply. We are sorry that we will screen and contact shortlisted candidates only.
The intern will support the National Director and have opportunities and exposure to research work, assist country office initiatives and engage.
- Coordinate operational initiatives with different focal points and assigned individuals/teams
- Assist in preparing documents and documentation necessary to support Habitat for Humanity Vietnam’s work particularly in programs and innovations
- Review communications in Vietnamese
- Facilitate certain tasks that supplement the delivery of the core results
- Be able to consolidate and/or carry on research functions
- Support special initiatives
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or Year 4 of Development, Marketing, Marketing Communication, and/or related field.
- Experience: NGO working experience is preferred
- Required Skills:
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Native skills in Vietnamese a plus
- Good public speaking skills and presentation skills
- Savvy with the use of MS applications and other project and productivity applications
- Good organizing and coordinating skills
- Highly creative with excellent people skills with an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
- Fully human and service-oriented
- Alignment with Habitat for Humanity Vision, Mission Statement
- Required abilities:
- Ability to take initiative, at times work independently, be pro-active and meet deadlines
- Eager to learn about community development
- Demonstrate and practice respect to others, honesty, and integrity
Working Conditions: Office-based or remote, may request some domestic travels.
Areas of Interest: Research, people-centered development, knowledge management, storytelling, community development approach; housing/human settlements and development a plus.
Allowance: 150 USD/month