The vacancy will be closed when it’s filled
Habitat for Humanity International founded in United States in 1976. Habitat now works in 1,400 communities across the U.S. and in nearly 70 countries and has helped 6.8 million people achieve strength, stability and independence through safe, decent and affordable shelter.
HFH Vietnam has been working in Vietnam since 2001. As of December 2018, HFH Vietnam has enabled more than 15,000 low-income Vietnamese families to improve their living conditions through decent homes, clean water and safe sanitation and post-disaster reconstruction and repairs. In addition, HFH Vietnam has provided training in disaster preparedness, financial education, hygiene practices, and construction skills, among others, to more than 132,000 individuals.
Our vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Our mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Our core values: Humility, Courage, and Accountabilities
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity organization and committed to safeguarding. We pay high attention to the safeguarding of stakeholders in our operations. We recruit people based on their suitability compared to job requirements and candidates’s commitment to share Habitat’s values.
Candidates who are interested in Habitat’s Vision & Mission and qualified for the job are welcome to send us your comprehensive CV & Cover Letter in English highlighting your interest and capabilities to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also mention in the CV/Cover Letter the contact details (including telephone number and email) of 3 referees including the most recent direct supervisors.
All potential candidates are welcomed. However, your application form will be screened and only suitable candidates will be contacted.
|Report to:||Program Manager|
|Work Location:||Ha Noi with frequent travel to project sites|
The Project Officer works alongside HFHV, local authorities and partners to effectively implement, monitor and report HFHV assigned programs/projects. S/he takes and reports interlocking/ cross-cutting issues seriously to ensure the quality and effectiveness of interventions. S/he actively conducts needs assessments and contributes to project concept note/ proposal development. S/He monitors, consolidates and reports all assigned revolving loan fund projects. S/ He collaborates closely within the organization and externally to share and learn for successful operations. S/he ensures responsible projects’ activities are clearly communicated with relevant stakeholders.
1/ Contributing to organizational (HFHV) sustainability
· Represent HFHV, maintain & promote HFHI values and reputation to partners and other stakeholders
· Provide cross-cutting inputs to program, technical teams and RD&C to ensure community preferences, initiatives and findings are taken into consideration in the development, implementation and reporting of HFHV’s housing products and services
2/ Key functional responsibilities
· Work closely with NGOs and/ or local partners and other institutions to identify training needs of the target individuals and community members.
· Develop training modules/ programs based on the Training Need Assessment Results and provide training to household partners and community members such as DRR training, WASH training and financial literacy and management.
· Assist Program Manager and coordinate with partners to conduct housing needs assessment in the target communities for strategic housing proposal development.
· Conduct market mapping activity in the areas of relocation to define what vocational trainings and/ or social services are relevant/ available for home partners to access.
· Works closely with NGO partners/implementing partners to conduct the family follow up to ensure that all beneficiaries’ needs are supported and addressed.
· Assist and coordinate with household partners and local partners to host local and international volunteers. Collect field feedbacks, statements/ quotes and pictures to share with GV Team for reporting.
· Work as a key focal person in cooperation with the local authorities, non-governmental organizations, UN Agencies, community people and others to ensure achieving the responsible project objectives and goals.
· Coordinate and support for project baseline surveys, mid-term and final evaluations; contextualize and apply PLA/PRA concepts or Household Surveys in the target project communities and project monitoring tools.
· Continually monitor the implementation of the assigned projects to ensure that the system and staff are working well towards achieving the set project activity plans.
· Assist Program Manager and Finance Function in monitoring project budget, forecasting and auditing on a monthly, quarterly and annually basis or when needed. Assist Program Manager in preparation of new project proposal development.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and final reports as required by donors and other interested bodies; prepare project information and collect human interest stories and project impacts.
· Support in preparation of promotional materials such as brochures and briefs for dissemination and produce monthly information for newsletters and bulletins.
· Manage and report revolving loan funds of responsible projects.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
3/ Implementing cross-functions responsibilities
· Supports DPME activities such as needs assessment, base line survey, new project development, project monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
· Interact with relevant member(s) to implement housing and other standards, guidelines, etc.
· Coordinate with RD&C members in relevant requests, especially providing DR&C with environment and/ or climate change inputs (initiatives, findings) for project/ program development.
|CRITICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum education: College/University degree in Humanities Science or Sociology, Social Work , Public Policy or equivalent
· Technical competencies:
Ø Intermediate level of operational knowledge & experience in implementing community development projects such as housing, WASH and disaster risk preparedness and mitigation.
Ø Knowledge of Vietnam legal regulations and governmental policies on iNGO activities
Ø Practical knowledge and HFHI standards in WASH and disaster risk reduction and response
Ø Basic knowledge of housing construction & housing micro finance is an asset
· Business competencies
Ø Proficient knowledge & skills in using word, excel, powerpoint, email, internet….
Ø Intermediate level of Organizing skills
Ø Intermediate level of Problem solving skills
Ø Fluently business communication in both Vietnamese & English
Ø Intermediate level of managing relationship
Ø Good skills in report writing in both English and Vietnamese
· Personal traits Self-confident, Flexible & responsive to changes
· Physical condition: The job requires normal physical condition to visit fields in unfavourable geographic regions/areas
|AT HABITAT WE COMMIT TO PROVIDE PEOPLE WITH FOLLOWING VALUES: