The vacancy will be closed when it’s filled
Habitat for Humanity International founded in United States in 1976. Habitat now works in 1,400 communities across the U.S. and in nearly 70 countries and has helped 6.8 million people achieve strength, stability and independence through safe, decent and affordable shelter.
HFH Vietnam has been working in Vietnam since 2001. As of December 2018, HFH Vietnam has enabled more than 15,000 low-income Vietnamese families to improve their living conditions through decent homes, clean water and safe sanitation and post-disaster reconstruction and repairs. In addition, HFH Vietnam has provided training in disaster preparedness, financial education, hygiene practices, and construction skills, among others, to more than 132,000 individuals.
Our vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Our mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Our core values: Humility, Courage, and Accountabilities
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity organization and committed to safeguarding. We pay high attention to the safeguarding of stakeholders in our operations. We recruit people based on their suitability compared to job requirements and candidates’s commitment to share Habitat’s values.
Candidates who are interested in Habitat’s Vision & Mission and qualified for the job are welcome to send us your comprehensive CV & Cover Letter in English highlighting your interest and capabilities to email@example.com. Please also mention in the CV/Cover Letter the contact details (including telephone number and email) of 3 referees including the most recent direct supervisors.
All potential candidates are welcomed. However, your application form will be screened and only suitable candidates will be contacted.
|Report to:||Senior Finance Manager|
|Work Location:||Habitat’s office in Ha Noi City|
In coordination with the Finance team and the project team members in Project area to manage daily financial activities of the office and organizational accounting needs and requirements in a timely and accurate manner to ensure compliance with HFHI/HFHV Finance Policies, guidelines and local laws and regulations;
In coordination with the finance team in managing of financial donor reports and addressing of donor requests/donor compliance including supporting Budget Managers oversight and review of financial reports, monthly project cashflow projection and activities related therein.
Supporting Head of Finance in reviewing, updating and developing HFHV policies and procedures and policies and procedures relating to Partners.
Providing office administration support in Ha Noi office.
1/ Project Accountant:
· Verify and endorse for invoices and supporting documents to ensure a business cash advance or payment request are authorized as per DOA, all required supporting documents are available and they are verified proper before preparing & processing wire transfer or cash payment. Ensure neither missing any payments nor duplicated payments.
· Prepare and conduct banking processes
· Occasionally/Seldom manage minimal cash operation in Hanoi office.
· Issue sufficient receipt / payment and record them accordingly into cash ledger / cash book / timely and accuracy manner. File payment and receipt voucher sufficiently, orderly and up to date.
· Prepare and record accounting transactions to ensure financial records are filed appropriately, accounting databases timely upkeep, security and control.
· Carry out cash count and surprise cash count under the cash management procedure
· Keep of cash safe box safely and maintain sufficient cash amount.
· Work closely and proactively with Northern Project Manager(s) in preparing monthly donor report and cashflow projection.
· Reconcile AP, AR, Prepay, Deposit, Business & employee advance and accrual account on monthly basic. Investigates unexpected / unusual / discrepancy cases of Northern Projects and Hanoi office and resolve them.
· Interpret and provide internal distribution of financial information at the project office level
· Provide services as an “Internal Auditor” assuring finance policies and procedures are being complied / applied at the project office.
· Work closely with finance team in hosting of Annual external audit and internal audit. Auditor’s recommendation is thoroughly and promptly followed up.
· Perform other relevant assignments requested by Head of Finance as needed.
2/ Office Administration Support
· Be responsible for daily administrative management of the Hanoi office.
· Ensure security, maintenance, and inventory of all HFHI-VN assets, including computers, photocopier, phones, equipment, documents and electronic media through local backup processes.
Ø Organize and process requests for purchasing equipment and services to ensure compliance of HFHV’s travel and procurement policies and standards.
|CRITICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Ø Qualifications: Degree in Accounting from University or Diploma Awarding Institution
Ø Experience: 1+ years in the field of accounting
Ø (HFHV is supportive of growing new talents thus fresh graduate in the field of accounting is also considered.)
Ø General required skills
· Knowledge in accounting standards
· Knowledge of regulatory standard, current Taxation Laws and Accounting Procedures.
· General business knowledge
· Advanced Excel skills.
· Software proficiency; Familiar with Flowchart would be an advantage
· The Pre intermediate level in English language;
· Work ownership, responsible and committed.
· Effective communication
· Service orientation and team work spirit
· Aptitude to learn and self-development
Ø Interactions: Interacts closely with finance and non-finance colleagues regarding financial policies and procedures, financial reports, T/T transfers, reconciliation, liquidation or other reporting
Ø Working Conditions: May be required to travel domestically or internationally from time to time; may be required to work with computer for long hours
Ø Personal traits:
· Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
· Compliance: Job requires respecting to policies/standards
|AT HABITAT WE COMMIT TO PROVIDE PEOPLE WITH FOLLOWING VALUES: