A few months’ ago, HFH’s long term partner, POSCO (Korean Steel Company) had their CSR project highlighted by the UN SDG website. Most of what is highlighted is the project through partnership with Habitat for Humanity with a specific focus on the recently completed 104-house community in Vietnam. POSCO has been a critical partner for Habitat AP and worked with HFH across the region including, Myanmar, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia. This initiative undertaken in partnership with Habitat for Humanity Vietnam, was also shared at an annual session of the United Nations Commission on Population and Development in April 2018 that met to discuss sustainable cities, human mobility and international migration. The initiative is posted on the UN SDGs online platform for sharing knowledge and expertise by public, private and civil society stakeholders (please see the link https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/partnership/?p=23282).
Kelly Koch, the National Director for HFH Vietnam has now been invited to join POSCO to speak in a side event at in New York at the UN during the High Level Political Forum on SDGs to commemorate this achievement. HFH Korea was very instrumental in making this this opportunity possible and this includes POSCO covering Kelly’s joining the Korean government delegation to the Forum. POSCO will also cover her travel expenses to New York. Presentations during the event will focus on the best practice of inclusive solutions on the implementation of the SDGs. HFH representation at such at such high level is exciting and demonstrates the power of partnerships and how HFH contributes to the implementation of the SDGs.
Brief details for the event are:-
- Side event Title: “The Power of Partnerships: Finding Inclusive Solutions for Sustainable Societies”
- Host: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea, Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) and Global Compact Network Korea
- Place: CR3 at the UN headquarters in New York
- Date & Time: 13:15~14:30 (75 min.) on July 17
- Presentation by KOICA, KT, POSCO and Tree Planet on the best practice of inclusive solutions on the implementation of the SDG and Q&A
- Kelly’s Role: Introducing Habitat for Humanity and the project on behalf of Habitat for Humanity in the Q&A session as part of POSCO’s presentation