Habitat for Humanity Vietnam (HFHV) is currently seeking a professional individual to serve as a Project Officer, based in Ho Chi Minh City with frequent travels to project sites in Southern provinces. This position is responsible for but not limited to
- Represents Habitat for Humanity Vietnam (HFHV) to the local partners, community and family partners on a day-to-day basis.
- Supports the Senior Program Manager with project DPME activities such as needs assessment, base line survey, new project development, project monitoring, evaluations and reporting.
- Provides relevant trainings for local partners, communities and home partners per agreed outputs.
- Provides inputs to facilitate promotion of HFHV innovations that may benefit the community by serving a greater number of families.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team, partners and families.
- Develops and encourages local leadership in taking larger roles to positively impact their communities and needy families therein as part of sustainable program development a shared HFHV vision among partners.
- Supports and facilitates the volunteer program activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Community Development or related fields.
- 3-5 years experience in community development/mobilization.
- Ability and willingness to relate with grass-roots communities in need
- Willingness and ability to travel; easily works at the community level with the ‘poor’ and stays in the community as needed.
- Previous experiences in project design, proposal development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing.
- Previous experience in influencing, negotiating and facilitating community partners and activities.
- Previous experience in house construction, home or sanitation/water improvements is preferred but not essential
- Fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese; reasonable proficiency in English is preferred.
- Willingness to learn and adopt new technologies and methods.
- Clear communication & presentation skills; Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, presentations, virtual communications.
- Team Player and model of servant leadership.
How to Apply:
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted by email and that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Given the necessity to fill this position as soon as possible, and depending on the qualifications of applicants, HFH Vietnam may offer a suitable position to potential candidate and before the closing date (July 19, 2013); therefore candidates are urged to submit their application in a timely fashion. If you have not received an email within four weeks of submitting your resume you can assume your application was not successful.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter clearly demonstrating your suitability for this position
- A comprehensive CV (no more than 2 pages)
- Contact details (including telephone number and email) of 3 references including most recent direct supervisors
Applicants who do not provide all of the above requested information will not be considered.
Email your application to:
Human Resource Department
Habitat for Humanity Vietnam